Audit institutionnel et des resultats du Fond du Developpement des Service de Sante (FDSS)
This mission took place in the context of the formulation of the 11th EDF and of the discussions on universal health coverage and on the financing strategy for health in DRC. The overall objective of the mission was twofold:
- Inform the European Commission about the level of financial risk and the added value or otherwise of the financing structures put in place by the EDF projects, specifically the 'Etablissements d'utilité publique de droit privé "Fonds d'Achat de Services de Santé" (EUP FASS) and the 'Etablissements d'utilité publique de droit privé' "Fonds de Développement des Services de Santé" (EUP FDSS).
- Contribute to the national reflection on a health financing strategy as part of an universal health care coverage.
The specific objectives of the mission were:
- Evaluate the relevance, efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of the EUP FDSS
- Make concrete recommendations to improve the relevance, efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of the EUP FDSS
- Determine the financial risk of funding through the EUP FDSS and the effectiveness of its intervention.