Mid term Evaluation of the Civil Society Facility (Moldova)
The main objective of this evaluation was to provide the relevant services of the European Union, the interested stakeholders and the other audience with:
• An overall independent assessment of the past performance of the Civil Society Facility (Moldova), paying particular attention to its intermediate results measured against its expected objectives;
• Key lessons learnt, conclusion and recommendations in order to provide future Actions.
The evaluation assessed the Action using the five standard DAC evaluation criteria. In addition, the evaluation assessed two Eu specific criteria:
• The EU added value (the extent to which the Action brought additional benefits to what would have resulted from Member States’ intervention only);
• The coherence of the Action itself, with the EU strategy in Moldova and with other EU policies and Member State Actions.
The evaluation team took care of:
• Assess the added value of the EU interventions (the extent to which the Actions bring additional benefits to what would have resulted from Member States’ intervention only);
• Assess the coherence of the Actions itself and with other EU policies and Member State Actions and other donors and international organisations involved in the same sector;
• Develop and follow a list of Evaluation Questions to be used during the exercise;
• Implement interview with the relevant stakeholder;
• Collect and analyse main data;
• Organise meeting and trainings with stakeholders;
• Produce a final report with recommendations.