Education Specialist for the TA for Increasing Attendance and Enrolment Rates in Secondary Education
PROJECT / FUNCTION DESCRIPTION:
To drive forward educational attainment and skill levels by providing access to all and combatting early school leaving/absenteeism.
To support efforts to increase attendance and enrolment rates in secondary education through development and implementation of a comprehensive prevention, intervention and compensation model.
Results to be achieved by the contractor:
- The capacity of relevant staff of the DGs of the MoNE, teachers and school managers are improved.
- Wide range of people is accessed through awareness-raising campaigns/events.
- Research (desk review, benchmarking study, current situation and needs analysis, the final evaluation of the piloting phase, study visits, training programmes etc.) are conducted.
- Workshops and seminars with the participation of relevant actors are organised.
PROFILE OF THE EXPERT:
Key Expert 3 (Education Specialist):
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in educational sciences or in the absence of such a degree minimum of 10 years of working experience in educational sciences,
- Excellent command of written and spoken English,
- Master’s degree, preferably in the fields of educational or social sciences will be an asset.
General professional experience
- Preferably 8 but a minimum of 6 years of professional working experience in education or training design or implementation projects.
Specific professional experience
- Preferably 4 but a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in drafting and/or developing and/or contributing and/or implementing of policies or models or tools or programmes in the education sector,
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the field of design or development or implementation of tools of measurement and/or evaluation in education projects/programmes
- Experience on absenteeism or class repetition or early school leaving will be an asset.