Evaluation du PACEM Madagascar
The overall objective of the Support Programme to the electoral process in Madagascar
The specific objective of the mission was to conduct an assessment of the Support Programme to the electoral process (PACEM) and of the European Union support to the UNDP as part of this project (EDF Financing).
The following activities were undertaken by two experts during the implementation of the mission:
• Organisation of meetings with Technical and Financial Partners, decentralized entities of the Independent National Electoral Commission for Transition (CENI-T) and with the state entities involved in the electoral process;
• Analysis of the project progress, according to the different phases: revision of electoral lists, collection of necessary inputs, recruitment of support staff, deployment of election materials, collection of the product of elections, counting, analysis and validation of the results of three elections: two rounds of presidential and legislative elections;
• Analysis of the interaction of the PACEM project with other actors involved in supporting the electoral process and review of the relationships with donors;
• Analysis of the impact of the European Union’s support to the Support Programme to the electoral process and of the project performance under two perspectives:
- Relevance, effectiveness, efficiency of the implementation of the electoral process;
- Relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability of the UNDP’s support to the Independent National Electoral Commission for Transition (CENI-T).
• Analysis of the effectiveness and efficiency of the CENIT systems, as well as of the conformity of the its structure in the management of the electoral process;