Strengthening the institutional capacity of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Azerbaijan in introducing Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanisms and provision of legal aid services to the population
The overall objective of this project is to improve access to justice for citizens and business through strengthened capacity of the Ministry of Justice in introducing Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanisms and improved legal aid policy and provision. The specific objectives of this contract are as follows:
- To develop policy framework on ADR, in accordance with existing national legislation and European best practices
- To establish a pool of ADR national trainers and practitioners established and trained, mediation training system and system of mediation targeted education of the justice stakeholders
- To support provision of ADR in all forms of disputes in the regions, including through Court piloting
- To educate business owners and the general public on the merits of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms over the court process
- To conduct mapping of existing ADR practices and providers in Azerbaijan regarding all forms of disputes.
- To conduct legal research on adjudication of small claims and repetitive cases in accordance with the EU best practices, as well as on the type of court non-judicial tasks that could be transferred to other professions
- To provide primary and secondary legal aid support to the businesses and population, with primary focus on vulnerable groups.